Are their professional standards for the coaching industry?
Yes. The International Coach Federation (ICF) is the leading regulatory organization for coaching. Although anyone can call him/herself a coach, ICF Credentials are awarded only to professional coaches who have met stringent education and experience requirements, and have demonstrated mastery of the coaching competencies. ICF has established a code of ethics, core competencies, and accreditation processes that all ICF certified coaches adhere to. To learn more, click here: http://www.coachfederation.org/ICF/
How will I know if you are the right coach for me?
Before committing to coaching with anyone, make sure you have selected a person and an approach that feels right. With that in mind, I invite you to schedule a complimentary session with me (see the box to the right) so that together we can identify if this is an appropriate fit. You will have a chance to explain your situation, ask me questions, and learn what coaching with me would be like. Also, feel free to go to my About Nan page to learn more about me and my approach to coaching.
How do I get started in the coaching process?
All you have to do is sign up for an initial session with me by entering your information in the box to the right.
What can I expect from you as my coach?
- Be a partner in bringing out the best, the deepest, and the truest in you.
- Provide encouragement, support and confidentiality.
- Expand your view of what is possible and promote discovery of new insights.
- Give you input, straight feedback and operate as a sounding board.
- Listen carefully to what you say and ask questions that increase awareness and inspire meaningful action.
- Be an on-going resource for you and a source of accountability.
Security & Confidentiality
- How secure is my data here on this platform?
- We ensure that you have the highest level of security possible by providing username and password protection, as well as utilizing the VeriSign Security Certificate.
- Is my information confidential?
- Yes. This site is protected by a username/password system. You are the only one that has access to your information.
- Can I contact you in-between our scheduled coaching sessions?
- Absolutely! I make myself available for check-ins between sessions in case you would like clarity on something that comes up or if you have some good news you want to share. This way you don't have to wait a whole week to get the support you want.
Client Access Area
- What is the “Register” link and when would I use it?
- If you are interested in becoming a client, you can create your own account to access the private client area. When you “register,” I will be notified that your account has been created and will need to activate your account. This could take up to 24 hours.
- How do I access your private client area and how do I log in?
- Click on the Login Link (above, at the top center of this website page). Then enter the username and password that has been assigned to you. Don’t have login information yet? Click on the "Register" link so we can get an account created for you.
- I have a password that I use for most of my online accounts. Can I change the password you assigned to me?
- Yes. You will need to log in initially using the password I assigned to you. Once you log in you can change your password at any time under your Client Profile Page. Just be aware that whatever password you choose will be emailed to you frequently.
- What if I forget or lose my password and login information?
- If you simply forgot your password, you can still go to the Login Link. Enter your username and click on the “I Forgot My Password Button”. You will receive an email shortly with your password included.
- If you misplaced both your username and your password, contact me via email and I will forward you your information.
- I’m trying to log in, but it will not accept my username or password; what do I do?
- Remember that the login information is case sensitive, so enter it exactly as it was given to you. If you are still having trouble, contact me via email so we can get you back in.
Forms, Documents and Resources Available
- What is a “Welcome Packet” and what do I do with this?
- By completing the information in the welcome packet, you are providing me with some helpful information so I know best how to support you, guide you and work together with you. A welcome packet consists of some basic forms, documents and resources that will help to get us started in the coaching process. It includes a “Client Profile” form and a “Questionnaire” form. You will also find our coaching agreement located in this packet. It is customary for you to complete these items prior to our initial coaching session together.
- What if I need to reschedule my appointment?
- It’s easy. With at least 24-hours notice, you can reschedule any appointment by using the on-line calendar system. Simply click on the menu item "Calendar" and select from the available times listed. If you do not see any times that work for you, just call or email me to reschedule.
Paying for the coaching services
- How do I pay for my coaching services?
- You may pay for your coaching package online by credit card or by using paypal. You can also mail me check – that just takes a little longer. Most clients prefer to pay for the entire coaching package in advance, though some choose to pay with automatic monthly payments.